× Members

DWP text please help

More
5 years 3 months ago #225467 by Millie
DWP text please help was created by Millie
I’ve received a text today from DWP saying they want to look at my esa claim again. This was only done last year and everything was fine. Are DWP open on a Sunday or is this a spoof text? I’ve tried ringing the number on the text but it says it’s unavailable. Google says DWP are open 7 days a week 8-6 but I’ve tried to phone and can’t get through. Please can someone advise me. I’ve got severe mental health problems and this has sent my panic attacks through the roof

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 3 months ago #225517 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic DWP text please help
Millie

I would not expect the DWP to text you saying that they will be looking at your ESA claim, this is not their procedure.

As you can see the ESA Helpline is only open Monday to Friday.

ESA helpline
Telephone: 0800 169 0310
Textphone: 0800 169 0314
Welsh language: 0800 328 1744
Monday to Friday, 8am to 6pm

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
5 years 3 months ago #225689 by disabled mum
Replied by disabled mum on topic DWP text please help
I also received a text message today, saying 'we recently sent you a letter to say we need to look again at your ESA claim' and that they would ring today. However, I have not received a DWP letter saying this. The number given to call back, when you ring, leaves a recorded message for Pinnacle Insolvency. I had an ESA medical very recently and received the decision letter in January 2019. This is a bit strange, and reading this, I'm not the only one who has received a text message.

More
5 years 3 months ago #225706 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic DWP text please help
DM

A text from the DWP would not include a phone number for a debt company.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.