× Members

Transitional Protection under Managed Migration

More
5 years 3 months ago #225471 by Redwood
Hello Gordon and Team,

I've been doing some research on Managed Migration of ESA claimants onto UC on the website recommended by Benefits & Work: universalcreditinfo.net/glossary/transitional-protection.

What I still find myself asking is if I am not rolled onto UC as part of the pilot scheme, under the current Managed Migration rules, how long will Transitional Protection last for? Are there published guidelines that tackle this, please?

Thanks,

Redwood

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 3 months ago #225520 by Gordon
Redwood

The legislation covering the Managed migration of claimants has not been enacted yet and will be subject to change until the migration actually starts, so it's impossible to say until things are nailed down.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
5 years 3 months ago #225560 by Redwood
Thanks, I appreciate this. So do you mean all this time they have been talking about transitional protection but have made no mention at all of how long or short that protection may last for? Is there even some discussions or statements about it that can give me a hint?

Thanks again for all you do!

R

More
5 years 3 months ago #225589 by Gordon
Redwood

The draft legislation does not appear to have an end date but there are multiple termination clauses, however, it only applies to the 10,000 test claimants, it would appear that additional legislation will be required for the actual migration and this may not be drafted until the test has completed.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.