× Members

no reply from dwp ?

• reds123
  • Topic Author
  • Away
More
5 years 3 months ago #225559 by reds123
no reply from dwp ? was created by reds123
hi gordon , i was awarded esa support group for another 3 years back in november 2018 on a paper based decision, so i took your advice and requested a copy of the esa85a and any medical evidence received from my doctor that was used to make any decisions on my claim, i sent this letter on 22december 2018 and had no reply so i resent it registered mail signed for on 20 jan 2019 clearly marked 2nd request, but have still not received any reply, i was thinking the first one was mixed up/lost with all the xmas mail but how long should i expect them to take for a reply to my 2nd request, my name,address, and national insurance ref were on the top of each page , i know the 2nd letter was signed for by dwp on 22 jan 2019. what can you advise me to do next ? many thanks bb.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 3 months ago #225573 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic no reply from dwp ?
BB

The obvious thing is for you to ring them but I assume you cannot do this. Can anybody ring on your behalf? You would need to be present for the call to authorise the DWP to speak to the person.

Failing that you could visit your local CAB, they can usually ring for you.

As a last option, you could ask your MP to intervene

Contacting your MP

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

• reds123
  • Topic Author
  • Away
More
5 years 3 months ago #225576 by reds123
Replied by reds123 on topic no reply from dwp ?
thank you gordon, can you say what is a suitable amount of time to allow them to reply , eg 14 days or 21 days etc then i will get my wife to call them, many thanks bb .

More
5 years 3 months ago #225586 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic no reply from dwp ?

british bulldog wrote: thank you gordon, can you say what is a suitable amount of time to allow them to reply , eg 14 days or 21 days etc then i will get my wife to call them, many thanks bb .

Realistically, at least 14 days, it can take a letter 10 days just to get to the right office.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: reds123

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.