× Members

IAS Repeatedly cancelling/ F2F

More
5 years 3 months ago #225620 by Cat in a hat
IAS Repeatedly cancelling/ F2F was created by Cat in a hat
Forgive me if I am asking a question that's already been addressed. I have been on DLA for 20 odd years having got a lifetime award for my disability. Last year, the transition to PiPs meant I was I had to complete the questionnaire and was called for a medical. This happened last August. In October< I was contacted to go for a 2nd f2f assessment, no explanation initially given. My advisor contacted them to ask why. I was informed it was an 'audit'. Since then, IAS have made approx 7-8 dates for me to attend, only to cancel at short notice. The most recent f2f was to be at my home this morning between 9-11am. At 8.55 I got a phone call saying they were regrettably unable to do the assessment today and would reschedule (again) for Feb 26; and thanked me for my patience. Honestly, it has become so stressful and is like the sword of Damocles hanging over my head. I feel powerless to do anything and am also having to simultaneously lodge an appeal about my ESA . (Being removed from support group to WRAG) Do we have any rights as claimants to say 'enough is enough?' Throughout this period, I had to reschedule one of the many assessments as my daughter was taken into hospital and I needed to travel to be with her. They referred my claim back to DWP and I had to give 'good reason' and had my DLA suspended temporarily. This is really going too far though now. Thanks in advance for any advice and hello everyone . Best wishes Cat

Think like a proton, always positive.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 3 months ago #225643 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic IAS Repeatedly cancelling/ F2F
Cat in a hat

You can make a complaint to IAS

www.mypipassessment.co.uk/feedback/

you can also involve your MP

Contacting your MP

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.