× Members

Capability for work questionnaire Torture

More
5 years 3 months ago #225642 by John Merralls
Capability for work questionnaire Torture was created by John Merralls
After all the stress of awaiting my wife's PIP assessment decision leading up to and over the Christmas period and finally 2 weeks ago her being awarded highest rate for both care and mobility, today we received a letter from Job Center Plus asking her to fill in a Capability For Work assessment questionnaire threatening to reduce or stop her money if she doesn't comply this is just torture pure and simple.

I know this is a different benefit ESA but they are both under the guise of DWP so what are our options I don't want to put her through this again if possible any advice will be greatly appreciated her mental health and physical health is at breaking point.

kind regards
John/

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 3 months ago #225647 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Capability for work questionnaire Torture
J

Welcome to the forum, you might want to have a look at the following FAQ which explains where everything is

Welcome to Benefits and Work

In case you are not aware, your real name appears to be showing in the forum, if you want to change this then follow the instructions in the following FAQ

My full name is showing, how can I stop it?

I'm afraid there really aren't any options, if the form is not returned then her claim will almost certainly be closed, if it is returned incomplete then a face to face assessment is almost a certainty.

Please use our ESA Claim guides to help you complete the form, you can use the information from her recent PIP assessment as evidence but you will need to explain its relevance as even where there are overlaps the criteria is different.

Have you spoken to her GP about what support they could provide, a home assessment is a possibility if they will provide an unambiguous letter about why she cannot attend at Maximus's offices and if they are willing to deal directly with them then a Paper Based Review might be possible.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: John Merralls

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.