× Members

Permitted Work Factsheet

More
5 years 3 months ago #225651 by Charlie2300
Permitted Work Factsheet was created by Charlie2300
Hi

I am looking for the current criteria applicable to 'permitted' voluntary work with respect to the Support Group for ESA. I do my best to undertake some voluntary work as a wellness tool to best manage bipolar disorder and I've no doubt that there will limitations of amount per week. I also attend a recovery college when I'm well enough.

Can anybody point me in the right direction for detailed guidance in this matter? I'm sure that it's on here somewhere, but I can't find the pertinent section/link. This is critically important to me as I am currently completing the ESA50 questionnaire.

Thank you

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 3 months ago #225660 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Permitted Work Factsheet
Charlie

There is a guide to PW in the ESA area but in summary; you can work for less than 16 hours a week and earn up to £125.50 a week after deductions.

You need to inform the DWP that you want to do the PW in advance and obviously, the work must not conflict with the reasons that you have an ESA award.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Charlie2300

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.