× Members

Reviewing your benefits and circumstance

More
5 years 3 months ago #225666 by memol
Today received interview appointment for 'Reviewing benefits and circumstances' and asked to provide bank and building society statements, details of savings and investments, etc. I am in the Support Group due to physical ill health and on income related ESA. Nothing is changed in regard to my savings, or income. I did permitted work in October and November 2018 which I informed Dept of Work and Pensions about and was within the hours and pay level. I stopped work as it was causing my health to deteriorate. The recent change is difference is I applied for PIP and had a medical assessment 1 week ago. Has anyone found that applying for PIP has caused them to be interviewed about their ESA? Why do they ask people to have a 'review of benefits and circumstances"?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 3 months ago #225668 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Reviewing your benefits and circumstance
memol

The claimants for these appointments are often selected at random, I doubt it is connected to your making a claim for PIP but it could be the result of your doing the PW.

There should be a number for you to contact the JC+ advisor for more information. Some members have reported that phoning the DWP has allowed the meeting to be done over the phone.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: memol

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.