× Members

Going to upper tribunal pip

More
5 years 3 months ago #225686 by Joannef
Going to upper tribunal pip was created by Joannef
I'm new here I've looked but can't find my answer sorry ..
At my tribunal I got 10 pts mobility say ing I walked 30m at assessment but was in pain stopped frequently and was unsteady (their words ) .My appeal was if I did it unsafely etc then the next descriptor is more correct at 12 points. The tribunal kept my points same (dwp were in attendance so the tribunal was horrific hour long cross examination )

My question .. is this an error in law
There's no dispute I walked 30m but it was not safe in good time and I couldn't have done it again for hours ..

By keeping points as this distance would that constitute a law error

Thankyiu all for reading

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 3 months ago #225703 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Going to upper tribunal pip

Caldan wrote: I'm new here I've looked but can't find my answer sorry ..
At my tribunal I got 10 pts mobility say ing I walked 30m at assessment but was in pain stopped frequently and was unsteady (their words ) .My appeal was if I did it unsafely etc then the next descriptor is more correct at 12 points. The tribunal kept my points same (dwp were in attendance so the tribunal was horrific hour long cross examination )

My question .. is this an error in law
There's no dispute I walked 30m but it was not safe in good time and I couldn't have done it again for hours ..

By keeping points as this distance would that constitute a law error

Thankyiu all for reading

It is entirely dependant on how the panel came to their Decision.

Have you requested a copy of the Judge's Statement of Reasons, if not then you should consider doing so but be aware, the DWP will also receive a copy and it will open the door to their making an appeal to the UTT as well.

Tribunals – Requesting a Statement of Reasons

What is an Error of Law?

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.