× Members

ESA Review

More
5 years 3 months ago #225714 by Susan Smith
ESA Review was created by Susan Smith
Hi, am on Contribution based ESA and have been for some time however I was due to be reciewed again in 2017 but noting came so I rang the DWP and was told that there was nothing on their system for review at that time but it would now be February 2019.
As I am a worrier, I rang them recently to find out when the review date would be now and again I was told there is nothing on the system for review but she would put me through to the Assessment department.
The Assessment department told me that it wasn’t up to them as to when the reviews take place as the files have to come from the DWP department, and they haven’t had any through.
Are reviews still being deferred?
Do you think that it will trigger one now that I have rang them?
Sorry for post but I’m a worrier and get so anxious about these things.
Thank you.

I

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 3 months ago #225717 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA Review
Susan

Officially, there are no deferments being done but we do see members reporting that their assessment has been put back on a regular basis, so it is possible that this has happened to yours.

It doesn't sound as if you have spoken to anybody at the DWP with the power to initiate an assessment so I would not worry about your call starting one.

Your current award remains in payment until a new Decision is made on your claim.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
5 years 3 months ago #225731 by Susan Smith
Replied by Susan Smith on topic ESA Review
Thank you Gordon, the girl at the DWP put me on hold twice whilst she checked the (system) she was a bit unsure as to there being nothing on the system, and then like I have said she told me the only people that could answer the question was the Assessment department.
As they know nothing, I will have to wait to see if they do write to me now, maybe along with other people I have been deferred.
Thank you for your help Gordon,
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gordon

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.