× Members

Free prescriptions on income related ESA?

More
5 years 3 months ago #226526 by jpg2502
Can you help with this? I have been told I am entitled to free prescriptions by someone, but I had no idea about this and have been paying for them the last couple of years!
Is this true, and if so how do I go about claiming free prescriptions? I have done a google search but cant find any reliable information.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 3 months ago #226540 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Free prescriptions on income related ESA?
Jay

Yes, if you are sure that you are receiving Income Related ESA then you are entitled to free prescriptions and dental care and help with purchasing glasses, etc.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
5 years 3 months ago #226542 by jpg2502
Replied by jpg2502 on topic Free prescriptions on income related ESA?

Gordon wrote: Jay

Yes, if you are sure that you are receiving Income Related ESA then you are entitled to free prescriptions and dental care and help with purchasing glasses, etc.

Gordon

Do I need to apply for anything? Or just tick the box on the prescription form?

More
5 years 3 months ago #226546 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Free prescriptions on income related ESA?

jay wrote: Do I need to apply for anything? Or just tick the box on the prescription form?

You may be asked to provide evidence of your award, your Decision Letter or the annual Entitlement Letter should be enough but beyond that, you just need to tick the relevant box on the back of the prescription and fill in the section with your National Insurance number name and date of birth.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
5 years 3 months ago #226695 by Pingu
Replied by Pingu on topic Free prescriptions on income related ESA?
And a wider point to prescription charges you can buy a yearly pass for approx £110 I think which covers all prescriptions for that year unsurprisingly.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gordon

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.