× Members

GP letters & medical evidence

More
5 years 2 months ago #226568 by Maggie
GP letters & medical evidence was created by Maggie
Dear Gordon,
I completely rely on my GP to write letters to request paper based reviews & provide evidence of substantial risk to remain in the ESA Support group. I haven't been well enough to chase up copies of the assessment report but they seem to only last 12 months so it must be SR regs ( I think I also score 15 pts on the descriptors). I don't feel I can cope with anymore because it makes me so ill & off my head.

I am so unwell & paranoid at the moment that I can't even attend or phone the GP surgery so its all done arms length with the GP phoning me regularly which I find horrendous. I therefore can't check my notes which I usually do regularly. I know there are 2 incomplete entries which could cause me great harm. I have absolutely no trust in the NHS.

I am very scared that my GP will stop being able to provide these letters due to workload. How scared should I be in the short-term that DWP can access my records (ref news dataslurping) without contacting the GP? I will have to be even more careful what I discuss with the GP, which will render the appointment of no therapeutic value & not even worth trying to keep going. There's no advocacy available. I'm afraid I'm on my last legs.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 2 months ago #226581 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic GP letters & medical evidence
Terrified

Ignore the News Item, this is something the DWP are thinking of doing, they are not doing yet and won't be for some time and even then it will only be a handful of GP surgeries.

The DWP can only access your information via your GP.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Maggie

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.