× Members

ESA50 3rdDecember lost and found now f2f.

More
5 years 2 months ago #226574 by Andy C S
Hi All.

Well I got my dreaded envelope on the 4th of December 2018 with enclosed ESA50. With last return date 3rd of January 2019. What a damm Christmas present that was. So I set to and gradually filled it in but as it was Christmas I felt like I was already disadvantaged as I did not have the time to get all the information I would have liked to include. Anyway I asked our postmaster what was the last day I needed to send for it to get there for the 3rd and he said New Year’s Eve. Anyway I meant to get it posted Christmas Eve but when I went to the post office he had decided to close at lunch so I had to post it on the 27th and with signed for tracked postage with it being over the holiday period. And that was that just they and relax and wait for them to get in contact with me again. I get in a really awful state when I get letters and they usually bring a angina attack on. But nothing like the angina attacks I had on the 26th of January when I got a brown letter saying that as I had not returned my ESA50 (first lie as it had been returned and I had proof of it) by the 25th of December (that was their second lie because it said it should be back buy the 3rd of January in the initial letter) That they had stopped all my benefit payments from the 3rd of January. This again came on a Saturday morning so there was nothing I could do all weekend other than feel like crap and have numerous angina attacks all because of a letter. However I did check the signed for and tracking. Which said it was received on the 29th of December at 8.59am and with a signature. On Monday I went and saw the people that helped me fill in the ESA50 from the Derbyshire unemployed workers center. And they called the DWP and asked the status of my claim and they was told the same so they said fortunately with hindsight He had it tracked and signed for and he told them the name of signatory and date and time that they had taken delivery of it. The DWP Worker said to hang on while he rang the center I’d returned it to. When he came back on the line he said they could not find it at that time. But all the benefits have been restored for date stopped. Also they are looking for it and that someone will be in touch with me later that day to let me know what is happening.. I got a call around 4 hours later saying they had found it. That was Monday the 29th of January. So it’s back to waiting again but did not think something would come as quick as it has. As I got another letter for a f2f assessment this last Saturday the 16th of February and is for Mid morning on the 1st of March . So they have not spent long with my ESA50 now have they. Which has once again got me wound up and having angina attacks.

The last time I was assessed was when i was to be moved from IB to ESA and I did not have to attend a F2F that time. I put down that Iv got quite a lot wrong with me I had a heart bypass 14 years ago which did not go to plan hence still getting angina plus Iv got 3 vertebra in m6 back that are a mess But was told with the state of my heart the surgeon could possibly fix my back but I might never get off the table. Then was also told I was no longer a candidate for anaesthetic any longer. And Iv been living like that for the last 12 or so years but with pain heart and BP medication just being increased while my walking distance has decreased. And my mental state has just gone too a new low of late. These are my main problems which don’t include me no longer being to have injections for pain in my back or arthritic joints because I had 3 DVT’s in the space of a few months so am on warfarin for life. Also I had one operation a few years ago to fix a anal tear which they did without any anaesthesia and it was so painful I’d never go through it again plus the repair only lasted around 2 years and came open again. It bleeds and is so soar on a daily basis I cannot sit directly flat. I sit on either one cheek or the other.

Anyway I’m just waffling on. It’s taken me since Saturday to write this.

As this is my first F2F in a lot of years what can I expect. Do they have access to older files will they have read all the other older stuff or. Not?

Thank you Best Regards

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 2 months ago #226583 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA50 3rdDecember lost and found now f2f.

Andy C S wrote: As this is my first F2F in a lot of years what can I expect. Do they have access to older files will they have read all the other older stuff or. Not?

Thank you Best Regards

Our ESA Claim guides have sections on the assessment and the questions you are likely to be asked.

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/help-for-claimants/esa1

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.