× Members

Short term PIP GRANTED

More
5 years 3 months ago #226642 by jingus
Short term PIP GRANTED was created by jingus
Dear Sirs,
I was in receipt of higher rate mobility and low rate care allowance under DLA for indefinite period since 2010. I was In receipt of the same rates since 2004/5. Under news regulations, I had to apply for PIP in September 2018 and was awarded higher rates for both mobility and for daily care till march 2021.
I have suffered from a long standing and progressively deteriorating osteoarthritis of my lumbar vertebrae. I have been through all the treatment plans of prescribed medication, pain management classes, physiotherapy, numerous facet joint injections without much relief. I started to lose sensations in my legs and had 3 mayor surgeries in three consecutive years commencing in 2007. This was tto relieve the pressures on my spiral cord and other nerves caused by the arthritic lumbar vertebrae. In 2010, I developed an infection in my spine which lleft me in worse state and affected my mobilty severely and has left me unable to bear weight which has severely affected my mobilty and limited my daily activities. I cannot sit or stand for long as my nerves are irritated by different bones . The pain caused by the arthrtic and post-operative complications has necessited a spectrum of pain killlers including morphine . I live on my own and am 69 yrs old. This longstanding condition has taken a toll on my social, personal life and limited my ability look afters myself.. I have outsize Help for clearings the house and have to rely on pre prepared food.
In 2018 I had an emergency surgery for Cauda equina syndrome, which left me with damaged nerve of my left leg, caused during the operation, There is considerable muscle wastage and I am uable to bear weight on my left leg as the knee buckles and the ankle gives way. This damage and the damage caused by cauda equina syndrome has exacerbated the disabilites . White i was recovering from the operation , I had to apply for PIP. I sought help from a friend in filing the applications forms on my PC and provide all evidences. Needless to say it was a physically, mentally and emotionallly exhautive process.
I am dreading to complete forms to renew PIP again fn 2021 and feel I may not be able to provide evidence as the Health professionals’ involvement is coming to an end. My condition remains much the same and worse in certain areas than before. I am unable to bear weight for long , both legs continues to be weak and become numb on excessive pressure on my spine.
1. Can I ask them to consider my case as an enduring and long lasting illness which is progressive in nature as my medical history and the disbilities indicate?
2. Can Ithey grant this award for a longer period or indefinitely?
3. Am I entiltled to request the assessors report from her home visit which she made prior to decision of granting me the PIP allowances ?
4. In granting the PIP allowances, DWP indicated that they had considered various reports from health professionals, ( which I did not present ), which helped them to come to a decision. Can I request copy of these reports which they claim to have had from medical staff.?
So sorry for a detailed account ,I would be most grateful for advise and guidance.
Lastly,, I would like to thank you for the comprehensive Reports and guides for complet the PIP forms.
Jingus

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 3 months ago #226645 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Short term PIP GRANTED
Jingus

1. The award length is part of the Decision but you can only challenge it via a Mandatory Reconsideration and appeal. Are you prepared to do this?

2. The longest award for PIP is an On-Going award where there will not be any reassessment for at least ten years and that will be a "Light Touch" assessment, although I can't tell you what this will consist of.

3. Yes, just contact the DWP office dealing with your claim. It will be a PA3.

4. Yes, ask for them at the same time as the assessment report. Failing that make a Subject Access Request for the information.

SAR :

www.dwp.gov.uk/docs/request-for-personal-information.rtf

From this page :

www.dwp.gov.uk/privacy-policy/data-protection/

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
5 years 2 months ago #227193 by jingus
Replied by jingus on topic Short term PIP GRANTED
Thank you very much for clarifications and your suggestions. IT is so Help foul to Read through various articles and comments from members.
Jingus

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.