× Members

no written confirmation for cancellation

More
5 years 2 months ago #226663 by annajay
I was due to have a face to face assessment today. originally the date was set for ten days previously but as I had a doctor's letter requesting a home visit, I phoned the Benefits Office and they gave me another appopintment which was today whilst the letter " got through the system which could take ten days". Nine days ago because I had not heard anything, I phoned Birmingham, and they said the paperwok had been faxed through to the Assessment Centre that day and I should ring in another week if I had not heard anything. So, a week later (two days before the assessment due date) I phoned again and was told that the appointment had been cancelled. I had not received written confirmation so was unsure. Phoned the next day, and there was no record of my conversation, but was told yet again that the appointment was cancelled, and she checked with her colleague to affirm. I was told that I would be contacted the next day (day of appointment) I wasn't, and neither have I received written confirmation. I did not attend the appointment. What happens in this situation? Was I supposed to have gone? It is 20 miles away and am reliant on pther peopIe. have been in the WSG for many years, which was awarded via tribunal. Anyone else had this happen?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 2 months ago #226675 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic no written confirmation for cancellation
annajay

Welcome to the forum, you might want to have a look at the following FAQ which explains where everything is

Welcome to Benefits and Work

If you are concerned then you can write a short letter to the DWP office dealing with your claim, explaining what happened and what you were told.

Maximus does not have a lot of home assessors, so it could be some time before you hear about a new assessment, your current award remains in payment until a new Decision is made.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: annajay

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.