× Members

PIP mandatory reconsideration

More
5 years 3 months ago #226671 by antmack
PIP mandatory reconsideration was created by antmack
I received my PIP decision on the 24th Jan and I have 1 month to ask for a mandatory reconsideration. My letter wouldn't arrive in time now it's the 22nd Feb. I'm waiting for evidence from my support worker and consultant and I wouldn't want the DWP to not consider these in their reconsideration.

Should I telephone the DWP and ask for a mandatory reconsideration on or before the 23rd Feb? My fear is they could miss the criticism of the health assessment and other medical/supporting evidence I want to send if I ask them to start it now. Or, should I risk asking a mandatory reconsideration by post (my preferred method) when I've collected all the evidence I need? Hmm.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 3 months ago #226677 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP mandatory reconsideration
Antony

You have two options, you can request the MR by phone and tell them that you will need time to send on the evidence, they should give you four weeks to do this but it does include postage time.

Or, you can make a Late request when you have the reports but you will need to explain why the request is Late.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.