× Members

Tax on ESA and also finding my previous posts?

• lynnmattimoe@gmail.com
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 2 months ago #226707 by lynnmattimoe@gmail.com
Tax on ESA and also finding my previous posts? was created by lynnmattimoe@gmail.com
Hello
Please can you clarify if we pay tax on ESA as in a FB group they state NO, and I said yes it's PIP that's not means tested.
Maybe I'm wrong but according to my tax letter I pay BR tax on that and my small NHS Pension.

I read on the information forum to click on your name & profile and it says you will find your previous posts, or questions.
I tend to use my phone but I've tried and I can't find them at all.

Also if I get my face to face letter & I am placed in the WRAG group from the SG (for the last 3 yrs) is it called a supersession to appeal to go into the SG and is all the information in the appeals guides about this.

One more question please - as I receive CB ESA due to paying maximum national insurance over the years, will I be placed on IR or remain in CB whatever result I get from a face to face assessment for my ESA reassessment WCA form recently sent in.

Thank you for your help and I'm sorry for several questions in one but I'm very grateful for the replies if I can find them.
Lynn

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 2 months ago #226734 by Gordon
Lynn

OK, so Contribution Based ESA is liable to tax and Income-Related ESA is not.

If you are placed in the WRAG then you would request a Mandatory Reconsideration of the Decision.

If you are using an iPhone then Safari, the browser, appears to be having problems with the site.

If you are placed in the SG then your ESA(CB) will continue. If you are placed in the WRAG then you can continue to receive ESA(CB) for 365 days minus anytime that you have spent outside of the SG before in this claim.

If you are eligible then you can receive ESA(IR) after the 365 days. ESA(IR) is dependant on your household income, your savings and assets, and any hours that your partner works. See

Asset and savings rule for ESA(IR)

24 hour work rule for ESA(IR)

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.