× Members

WCA SUCH A LONG WAIT!!!

More
5 years 3 months ago #226715 by ELE1
WCA SUCH A LONG WAIT!!! was created by ELE1
Hi there,
Could anyone help with this? I filled in a WCA and returned it well before the due date of 18th December 2018. I am presently receiving ESA and in the work related activity group, limited capability to work.
I still have not heard anything back from the DWP and the wait is causing great distress and is adversely affecting my health.
Is it normal for a form to take so long to be processed? Has anyone else had the same problem? Any advice would be gladly received thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 3 months ago #226747 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic WCA SUCH A LONG WAIT!!!
ELE

There are considerable delays in the ESA assessment process at the moment, some members have reported waiting nine months! You can contact Maximus for an update.

www.chdauk.co.uk/contact-us

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
5 years 3 months ago #226802 by ELE1
Replied by ELE1 on topic WCA SUCH A LONG WAIT!!!
Thanks Gordon,
Have you any idea why this is happening? The waiting is probably the worst part of this horrible process. I filled out the form following your guide lines which were very helpful.
I am in the WRAG at the moment and have to go to the local job centre twice a year at the moment for "work-focused" interviews which are quite hard to tolerate. I am trying to get onto the support group as my health has deteriorated recently.
Nine months is intolerable!!! How can this be changed?
I will contact maximus as you have advised but I have not been told if I will need a medical yet.
Is there anything else I can do?.
Many Thanks.
ELE

More
5 years 3 months ago #226812 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic WCA SUCH A LONG WAIT!!!
ELE

It's happened because there are more assessment requests than the system can cope with.

Maximus make the decision on whether a face to face assessment is required or not.

You can try getting your MP involved

Contacting your MP

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: ELE1

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.