× Members

Lidocaine pain patches

More
5 years 3 months ago #226725 by Nicky3
Lidocaine pain patches was created by Nicky3
Hi

I received only 6 points for Daily Living and 4 for moving around, I received 0 for Managing Treatments. I have Lidocaine Patches and need help to put them on my neck and back but mentioned at the assessment that they are stopping prescribing them on the NHS but don't know how I will manage without them. I did say that I may have to pay for them privately if necessary but they have written that "you report struggling to reach however you are using up the rest of your stock and will not be prescribed these anymore". I have actually been given a private prescription.

Would I have got any points for this as they seem to base quite a lot on it?

It also states that "the physical exam found reduced movements in your back and were unable to put both arms behind your head although you report you can normally wash your own hair". I am sure that I said I only wash my hair when I feel well enough and able to do it that is not every day. I also have modified the way I wash my hair so might not be the usual way most people do it my shower does most of it. I scored 2 points for using an aid, I told her I have a grab rail and a shower seat she only mentions the rail.

She also makes a lot out of the fact that I am not breathless as I also have a heart condition angina that is not constant, however, my husband said I was a bit breathless.

I am wondering if I should go for a mandatory reconsideration or am I wasting my time?

Thanks for any help.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 3 months ago #226761 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Lidocaine pain patches
Nicky

Only you can make the decision to request an MR or not but as you have no award, what have you got to lose, although you need to consider whether you would be willing to go onto appeal.

Unless you can show otherwise I would expect the Lidocaine patches to be treated as medication which means limits you to scoring one point which will not help you to an award.

Even if you can show that you do have problems washing your hair this will still only score you two points, just for (d) rather than (c), to score higher you will need to show that your problems with washing and bathing are more severe, see our PI Claim guide for the criteria you need to meet.

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/help-for-claimants/pip

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
5 years 3 months ago #226788 by Nicky3
Replied by Nicky3 on topic Lidocaine pain patches
Gordon

Thank you for your quick response it was very helpful as I wasn't sure if it was just possibly 1 point or more for the patches.

I saw my Physio this afternoon and showed her the section 'Musculoskeletal system' that the Assessor had written which showed my range of movement in degrees. My range of movement was severely overstated on all body parts for instance she had put "Left leg raise less than 70 degrees (ability to lift straight left leg when lying down reduced). My Physio said that it is wrong and she should have put absent as it doesn't move even an inch. My Physio was disgusted with the rest of the section as she knows my range of movement for over a year and said I should appeal. I just am not sure from what you write that I will score anymore additional points. I can't believe that with all my health problems and how it impacts my life such as having to give up work etc that I don't seem to qualify.

Thanks again

More
5 years 3 months ago #226792 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Lidocaine pain patches
Nicky

You need to go back to the guide and make sure that you understand the criteria against which you are being assessed, once you understand what you are being asked to do then you can think about whether you can show that you that you have problems.

Remember you are being asked about what you can do reliably on the majority of days.

You've mentioned bathing, what else did you score for?

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.