× Members

ESA re-assessment

More
5 years 3 months ago #226727 by Alicie
ESA re-assessment was created by Alicie
After 15 months, my husband, who has been on IB/ESA Support Group since the mid-90s is being reassesed (last report, without F2F, only covered one of the categories, but met SG criteria so no further account was taken of other sections) was for just 18 months.

I am his full-time carer, and he is much worse than he was 18 months ago. Needless to say, this unexpected early reasessment has led to him having a complete meltdown and I am also struggling after a close friend's death.

Can you please tell me if the new ESA50 form (05/18) is different to the last one (something/17) we had to fill in, and whether the criteria have changed since he was last assessed 15 months ago?

The new form 05/18 doesn't say that you can still attach separate sheets - last time we attached 100+. Is it still OK to do this?

Many thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 3 months ago #226764 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA re-assessment
Alicie

The changes are only cosmetic and the ESA Descriptors and Regulations have not been changed since 2013, although there have been some updated to the DWP guidance, primarily in the area of Substantial Risk.

Treat it is a new claim and attach any information that you believe is relevant to his conditions as they are now, even if it has been sent in before.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alicie

More
5 years 3 months ago #226771 by Alicie
Replied by Alicie on topic ESA re-assessment
Thanks Gordon. Do you have any more info about the changes in the area of substantial risk (links etc), please?

Also, are people generally currently being reassessed 3 months before the HCP suggested time?

Really surprised about this as his condition is long-term and previous reassessments have been 5+ years apart. I know that in theory reassessments can happen at any time, but this just seems a bit odd, as there is nothing to trigger it - except perhaps that he/we recently sent back the form about payment of ESA(IR) saying that he had savings above £16K (due to a small inheritance) and as he won't qualify for IR, they now know that if they manage to find a way to remove him from the support group (CB), he won't be entitled to further payments. Just being a bit suspicious here...

More
5 years 3 months ago #226779 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA re-assessment
Alicie

The changes to Substantial Risk are documented in the ESA Claim guides.

There seems to be some variation in the time that a reassessment is issued, I would not expect it to be any earlier than three months before the assessment date but some members have reported it being later.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alicie

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.