× Members

pip i have recieved my mandatory decision and need

More
5 years 3 months ago #226820 by Debbie01
hi am a 51 year old female i have suffered with mental health since the age of 10 years of age, and have spent a decade in and out of mental health services . i have been claiming pip for the past 4 years up to me having another medical in January this year. i was refused my pip and scored 0 on all activities. even thou my condition has got worse through a brievement in the family and serious family problems .i have been diagnoses with unstable personality disorder , i have barratts oesophagus , i have suffered for the past few years with hemiplegic migraines and i suffer hemisensory symptoms due to being sensitive to medication the combination of problems is disabling i am unable to carry out normal every day activities i spent most of my time in bed because of the constant pain i feel in my head it feels like a vise tightening in my brain i have been waiting for a mental health referral and find it so difficult to attend the doctors because i have also agraphobia and social phobia my daughter assist me with every appointment because of the distress this causes me she allso assists me with daily activitys in which i feel guilty and ashamed of myself for her playing the mother role with me. The assessors decision was based around my medical assessment, saying i engaged with the assessor and didnot need prompting yet my daughter was there and had to answer most of the questions because i waas overwhelmed with the whole process of leaving my home and attending the appointment where i was talking to a stranger and having to wait with other members of the public i cried and i had a savere migrain which i found it impossible to keep focused the asssessor even commented on my health and asked if i needed some extra time but this was not put down on the report. The assessor says there is no evidence to confirm my mental health and no medication to confirm the severity of this . i sent a full list of medication that i have tried but i have had negative health effects on them which i sent a letter from a neurologist who says i suffer with hemisensory symptoms because im sensitve to medication i have had a lot of bad side effects even my tongue swelling but this is not evidence .according to the assessor i take a very low dose of citalipram because i am on migrine tablets and have been on blockers because of my migraines other antidepressant medication and mood stabilising tablets don,t mix well and leaves me paralysed . i sent a lettere from my gp who told them i have unstable personality disorder and they have reffered me back to the mental health team and the doctor as recently put me back on diazipam they say i can manage money which i cannot even open a letter i avoid everything for fear that i cannot cope my daughter deals with my finances and goes shopping for me . i have impulsive behaviour problems and my moods are light a light switch one minut im fine the next i am quite aggressive verbally i find it diffecult to focus and concerntrate and i suffer alot of amnesia due to the childhood and adult abuse over the years.the assessor says there is no problems with my mind because i attended a mainstream school .she also says i can plan a route and a journey which my daughter told them it is impossible for me to do this because of the anxiety and the overwhelming distress this causes to myself that put in that situation i would be a danger to self and others because i would not be able to complete a journey without a complete melt down and i i wouldn't be safe. the assessor claims i can manage all activities unaided a majority of days i also have arthritis and when this flares up i am in a lot of pain this causes stiffness of my joints in my knee hip and back which the assessor says i said i can walk 20mins and the musculature examination does not support the severity of restriction claimed i said i have problems walking when it flares up which i had 3 months of the flares then its not so bad know . so when it is bad i am restricted . the assessor as stated her decision is based on the medical history, the information at the face to face consultaion on how i engaged with the assessor and how i managed my finance sat the face to face examination all thia imformation she has collected from the assessment is incorrect and i had sent other medical evidence through for the mandatory report which they didnt even look at i sent it via the post office which they recieved the 15th feb and the form i recieved back was dated the 18th feb i spoke to a pip advisor about my mandatory claim and i was told they made that second decision based on no forwarding evidence i am devastated and also disgusted how they have lied and covered there tracks about my medical assessment and other conditions they are claiming i said at the assessment like i cannot hear i have problems with vision this is so upsetting now i need to appeal but i feel depleted and it making me ill but my daughter is pushing this because she feels a misjustice so i need help with a appeal for pip and dont now where we start

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 3 months ago #226822 by Gordon
D

Welcome to the forum, you might want to have a look at the following FAQ which explains where everything is

Welcome to Benefits and Work

In case you are not aware, your real name appears to be showing in the forum, if you want to change this then follow the instructions in the following FAQ

My full name is showing, how can I stop it?

Our PIP Appeal guide has links to the SSCS1 form that you will need to complete and the Submissions guide has a complete example that you can use to help you fill it in, you do not need to provide detailed reasons at this stage for your request.

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/help-for-claimants/pip

Once your appeal is accepted the DWP will prepare their submission to the hearing and send you a copy, whilst you should wait until you receive this to finish and submit your own, you should start to prepare your own case, an increased award will only be made by your showing that you score the extra points for one, so I would start by going back through your PIP2, the assessment report and the PIP Claim guide to see how you might show this is the case.

If you have further questions then please reply to this post and we will do our best to help.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
5 years 3 months ago #226829 by Bunny1
same thing hapend to me- i am devestated - i can do very little inccluding going out bathing cooking etc- i cried atleast 2 or 3 times but becuse the assesor put i didnt loook tired anxious or distressed even th i cried and said at the end my life is judt an existance not worth living- he said i shpwed no cognitive impairment at interview -therefor it is unlikely my mental health has any restrctions on my daily life when nothing could be fruther from the truth! even tho i was in a state i managed to answer all the quesions he put i can do everything on a daily basis when nothing could be further from the truth. i have noone to support me - he lied saying my family callme everyday when i told him i barely speak the them becuse they are all so busy. it seems all they have to do is say you coped well at interview and thats it! am soo sorryfor you situation and wish you the very best .
The following user(s) said Thank You: Debbie01

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.