× Members

PIP Assesment Assessors report problems Help !.

More
5 years 3 months ago #226832 by david
Hi
I finally had my PIP assessment last week and the following day phoned the PIP people and asked them for a copy of the Assessors report of my Assessment I received it today and was horrified at what I was reading about myself, anyway in the report everything is stated as basically said but when you get to the end sections where the Assessor places the dots on what they think you are capable of its like they have marked me on someone elses assessment, I have found several contraditions in what was said and how I was marked and several mistakes as well that are clear in the assessment report so my questions are .

How should I bring my findings to the DWP s attention ? phone call or letter or is there an email address. ( I was trying to do this before it gets to a decision maker and can that person take any action ). or even better what process should I follow at this point as I will lose my entitlement.
Thank you in advance for any advice before it gets to a decision maker.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 3 months ago #226835 by dwmullings
Replied by dwmullings on topic PIP Assesment Assessors report problems Help !.
A pattern seems to be forming with many assements ? Including mine ?

More
5 years 3 months ago #226836 by Gordon
David

There is a small window for you to write with your concerns to the Decision Maker.

Your difficulty will be, from your post, that you are arguing against the assessor's conclusions and opinions, the very reason that they are employed. you will need to show that those opinions are not based on the evidence available and collected on the day, so undermine them rather than challenging them directly.

Your letter needs to be sent to the DWP office dealing with your claim. I would make it clear that you are not at this time asking for a Mandatory Reconsideration but you reserve the right to do so once a Decision has been made.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: neptuno

More
5 years 3 months ago #226841 by david
In the report I said I could walk with aids for a distance of 50 ft but I was marked as been able to walk 20 - 50 metres when I cant, I call that particular thing a mistake by the assessor that is actually in black and white on the report. I dont think that error is challenging their conclusions at this point..

More
5 years 3 months ago #226858 by Gordon
David

It is the assessor's opinion that you can walk 20m-50m, your statement that your walking is more restricted is just one of a number of things that they will have considered.

To be clear, I am not suggesting that you can reliably walk more than you said, although your use of feet may have been confusing just because you said what you did does not mean that that the assessor will accept it as fact.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.