× Members

PIP Changed circumstances

More
5 years 2 months ago #226850 by Sandra
PIP Changed circumstances was created by Sandra
Good morning, I have not posted before so hope I am doing this correctly.
In December 2016 I was awarded Standard Rate daily living and standard rate mobility. At my review in October 2018 my daily living was taken away. I sent in a mandatory reconsideration which wasn't logged on the system properly. I telephoned today and have been told my MR has not been successful. Since my assessment in October 2018 my health has deteriorated I am having difficulty getting about as my hip keeps giving way and I am waiting for a hospital appointment. My question is do I go for an appeal or do I ask for early intervention due to worsening health. Many thanks Sandra

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 2 months ago #226863 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP Changed circumstances
S

This is a decision that only you can make but even if you go down the Change route you may still have to deal with the issues raised by your previous assessment. You need to have been experiencing your current level of disability for three months before an award can be made based on it.

Do you know how you qualified for Daily Living previously? How many points did you score for DL this time?

If you accept the DWP's Decision then would your deterioration allow you to score the points you need for a DL award?

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
5 years 1 month ago #226927 by Sandra
Replied by Sandra on topic PIP Changed circumstances
Good afternoon Gordon, my assessment in 2016 I was awarded 8 points for daily living this has been reduced to 6. They have reduced me to 0 from 2 points on the dressing and undressing. Mobility has stayed the same at 10 points.

More
5 years 1 month ago #226944 by Gordon

Sandra wrote: Good afternoon Gordon, my assessment in 2016 I was awarded 8 points for daily living this has been reduced to 6. They have reduced me to 0 from 2 points on the dressing and undressing. Mobility has stayed the same at 10 points.

Was that because you need prompting, an aid or assistance from someone else?

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
5 years 1 month ago #226952 by Sandra
Replied by Sandra on topic PIP Changed circumstances
I need assistance I cannot bend to put leggings, socks or shoes on.

More
5 years 1 month ago #226960 by Gordon

Sandra wrote: I need assistance I cannot bend to put leggings, socks or shoes on.

I wonder if arguing that you need to use an aid would result in more success, although aids and assistance both score two points I think that there will be a feeling that needing assistance requires a higher level of disability.

Gordon

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.