× Members

PIP RENEWAL

More
5 years 2 months ago #226886 by JANEVANS02
PIP RENEWAL was created by JANEVANS02
When my husband and I were transferred from DLA to PIP they gave him higher rate mobility because he has a guide dog so gets full points but sadly they stopped my higher rate mobility and gave me standard so I lost my car but lucky for us my husband was able to take car over on his award but they did award me standard rate for daily living which I had not previously had under DLA.

My PIP was awarded until 19 October 2019 and I have today been given an appointment for assessment on 20 March but I am really worried because last time I felt I was not treated fairly, I have a special seat fitted to the car and use cruise control which helps reduce the amount I have to use my legs the assessor decided to reduce my mobility allowance saying "You said you are able to drive and drive regularly. You also do your shopping online using the computer. I have therefore decided the majoriy of the time you could manage unaided."

I feel this was unfair as I did say I could drive but I also said I have to rest for a day or so after going out due to severe fatigue and because I try and save myself from extra pain walking around shops by shopping online whenever possible they decide I do not need help with mobility cannot understand the logic.

Having lost part of my award last time even though I followed the guide lines on this helpful site I am terrified they will take it all away this time they do not want to listen to what you say just twist things to suit them.

Any advice would be welcomed

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 2 months ago #226898 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP RENEWAL
JAN

Do you have the assessment report from the last award?

What did you expect to score for; Moving Around? Going Out or a combination?

You need to understand why your Mobility award was reduced, the suggestion that your shopping online is a reason to reduce your award is farcical.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
5 years 2 months ago #227180 by JANEVANS02
Replied by JANEVANS02 on topic PIP RENEWAL
Hi Gordon,

Sorry did not reply sooner but have not been well, last time I was awarded 9 points for daily living and in mobility 0 fo planning and following a journey and 10 for moving around I did expect to receive higher rate as I was on higher rate DLA for the last 40 years and gone through numerous medical reviews by DLA GPs and not scored less than higher rate. The only thing that I hope may help me is that my condition has deteriorated and my GP has now put me on an opioid called Longtec which I hope will prove that I am struggling but I do not have much faith in the assessors.

I agree the suggestion that my shopping online is a reason to reduce my award is farcical but as the assessor wrote in her report "You said you are able to drive and drive regularly. You also do your shopping online using the computer. I have therefore decided the majoriy of the time you could manage unaided." was why I felt she did not award me more points maybe I am misunderstanding her decision ?

I have my appointment on 21 March so if I manage to keep any of my PIP award hopefully it will be the last for a while as I will be 66 this year so may be saved by the news today about pensioners !!

More
5 years 2 months ago #227188 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP RENEWAL
JAN

The PIP walking test is more strict than the DLA one, so it is not unusual to see claimants have a reduction on transfer.

I'm afraid the news for pensioners may not be as good as suggested.

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/news/3888-pip-...ll-still-be-reviewed

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.