× Members

ESA REVIEW

More
5 years 2 months ago #226950 by ##Paulie01
ESA REVIEW was created by ##Paulie01
Afternoon everyone.
I was placed into the support group for ESA back in 2013. Vaguely remember filling in, by hand a form which I assume was a Capability for Work. Did not have any F2F and since then, thankfully everything apart from my health has been ok. Last year I had to phone the DWP with some info regarding my pension and at the back of my mind I think I asked about any review and was told it would be this April.
Would I be right in thinking I should be getting a ESA50 very soon to fill in and return? Also, given the amount of time since I last provided any info (I didn’t have very much F/evidence then) do you think I should send everything I have evidence wise that covers the last 5 years. It is a lot but all pertinent to my health issues and certainly gives weight to how my disabilities affect my everyday life, and does support what I’d be putting on the ESA50. I’m also in receipt of the higher rate for PIP (re assessed last April,awarded until 2023, without F2F): would there be any use in my sending copies of the points obtained and how the decision was arrived at?

Thank you for any guidance you can offer.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 2 months ago #226959 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA REVIEW
Judith

Expect the ESA50 late March or more likely April.

You can use the previous reports and letters but you will need to explain why they are still relevant to your conditions as they are.

Again, you can use the PIP report but you must explain why it is relevant to the ESA Descriptors, even where there are areas of overlap, the two benefits still have different criteria that you need to meet.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
5 years 2 months ago #227147 by ##Paulie01
Replied by ##Paulie01 on topic ESA REVIEW
Thank you Gordon for your reply.
Can I ask: as with PIP, are there template diaries for ESA? Or because the descriptors differ should we just amend these as we think appropriate? I found completing daily diaries for my PIP most helpful.
Thanks.

More
5 years 2 months ago #227160 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA REVIEW
Judith

There aren't any diary templates for ESA as it does not look at a claimant's limitations over a period of time as PIP does but you could adapt the PIP ones.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.