× Members

Pip Home visit

More
5 years 1 month ago #226954 by dorothy007
Pip Home visit was created by dorothy007
Hi Gordon,
I am 60 and this is the first pip claim I have ever made. I have ME and the condition is becoming worse. Just wondering what to expect from the assessors home visit which I did not ask for, but pleased in a way as I would sleep for 5 days after the travelling in and concentration required? Regards Dee

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 1 month ago #226962 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Pip Home visit
Dee

Home assessments are not significantly different from those done in the Assessment Providers offices.

Our PIP Claim guide has sections on the assessment and the questions you are likely to be asked.

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/help-for-claimants/pip

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: dorothy007

More
5 years 1 month ago #227031 by alisp
Replied by alisp on topic Pip Home visit
My caree has ME, and went through one of these 6 months or so ago. Be warned that it can be long, so you may struggle to complete it, and I suspect you may end up not giving very full answers, just to get it over with before you crash, which is not a good idea. You may need to spell things out, as many HPs don't really appear to have any conception of what fatigue is in your sense. Don't assume they will have paid any attention to what you said on the original form!

I would also make sure you have someone there who can take copious notes about what was said. Take note of how you are feeling, whether the Health Professional actually behaved as dictated in the DWP's assessment guide, and the after-effects of the assessment, e.g. how many days you needed to spend in bed in order to recover. Also particularly anything you don't think the HP will have observed.

Oh, and expect to go for a mandatory reconsideration, at least. Best of luck!

Carer for a long-term ME/CFS sufferer

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.