× Members

Universal Credit

More
5 years 1 month ago #227019 by Lucky
Universal Credit was created by Lucky
I have been worrying myself sick about this all day. What is the state of play with UC? I live in Manchester & my ESA is past due for assessment. Will I need to claim UC when I get the letter? If so, is there a support component or does everyone have to look for jobs on it?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 1 month ago #227028 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Universal Credit
Lucky

You don't need to worry, you will be reassessed for ESA, nobody is being moved to UC unless they need to make a new claim for one of the benefits that come under UC umbrella and even then there are restrictions.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
5 years 1 month ago #227046 by Lucky
Replied by Lucky on topic Universal Credit
Thank you for reply.

More
5 years 1 month ago #227049 by Sue
Replied by Sue on topic Universal Credit
Hi Gordon,

My daughter lives in Suffolk and gets ESA and PIP, her support worker has mentioned UC to her and she is stressing and getting really worried about being moved on to UC when she is re assessed. She suffers really badly with anxiety and all sorts of other mental and physical problems. Is this right she won't be moved onto it unless there is a completely new claim for one of her benefits like if she moved and had to change her application for housing benefit? It would be really good if I could put her mind to rest about this for a while at least. Also how do they move all the benefits into one payment? It's terrible making people worry so much when they suffer so badly already and I'm the one who has to sort it all out for her.

Thanks Sue

More
5 years 1 month ago #227072 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Universal Credit
Sue

The Government's intention is to start the migrations of claimants to UC at the end of this year but there are already suggestions that this will be moved back.

In the interim, no one will be moved to UC unless they have to make a new claim for one of the benefits that now come under the umbrella of UC.

UC is made up of a number of elements that correspond to the benefits that it replaces. So there is a base element that everyone receives and there are elements for what are currently the ESA WRAG and Support Group, Housing Benefit, etc.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.