× Members

Forced property sale

More
5 years 6 months ago #227035 by Probation789
Forced property sale was created by Probation789
My daughter is in support group ESA and PIP h/h. Due to possible domestic emotional abuse, she has been allocated a housing association property in January 2019. She has had to claim U.C. but so far has been refused because she has a share of the matrimonial home which is mortgages-free. I sought legal advice for her and have been advised that “Because her estranged husband is incapacitated by reason of a degenerative spinal condition affecting his neck, back, arms and legs,”. a Court would not force him to put his home up for sale”. Do you know if the DWP will accep this and allow her to claim Housing Benefit, or can they still force her to take him to Court. He still has their son living with him, although he is 21 so not sure. Thank you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 6 months ago #227059 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Forced property sale
Wobbly legs

I have heard of this but I cannot find a reference but the likelihood is that this is determined on a case by case basis by the Decision Maker.

She really needs to get face to face advice from a trained welfare advisor who can act on her behalf with the DWP, get her to do an internet search for "welfare advice" with her postcode, town or county.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Probation789

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.