× Members

UC and moving house

More
5 years 2 months ago #227137 by harmony1
UC and moving house was created by harmony1
Can u pls clarify an issue for me pls. I am moving house shortly, within the same borough i now live in. I asked someone at the housing benefit office if i would have to be moved onto UC, she said no, but admitted she wasn't too sure and gave me the UC helpline which is impossible to get thru to. So i turned to B and W for advice and u said no i wouldn't. I have recently been reading other members posts who share the same concern as me, and they were told by u that they would be moved if they were making a new claim for any of the benefits that fall under the UC umbrella. I'm so confused that now i don't know if i want to take the chance of moving. I am currently in receipt of CB ESA (IR top up) support group is that CB ESA or IR ESA and i get the full SDP included also enhanced daily living PIP. Many thanks to u all.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 2 months ago #227150 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic UC and moving house
greeneyes

If you are receiving the Severe Disability Premium then you are now barred from claiming UC so you can move without issue.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.