× Members

ESA blunder people owed thousands

More
5 years 2 months ago #227198 by Cfergie
ESA blunder people owed thousands was created by Cfergie
Hi first time writing on here please bare with me
I was one of the fortunate people who recieved a back payment from the mess up with incapacity benefit to ESA I did receive my owed payment which I personally didn't agree with my circumstances have never changed rhumotoid & oesteo arthritis depression through my disabilities however I contacted DWP who took some time to get back to me regarding my question to them Who put me in thr category where I was assessed for the lowest money owed for the 11 years I struggled , & when assessed I now no longer need to send medical certificates from my GP & have the increase in my ESA benefit SINCE HAVING BEEN ASSESED Apparently no one can dispute this according to the adjudication officer who eventually called me back after making at least 3 call backs as I hadn't heard back & was told I would get a call back within 3 days ..
I'm pretty annoyed with this decision as I know they must owe me thousands more than they paid & due to a guideline I can do nothing about this sorry but this is disgusting it was them who made the critical mistake not us who are the people living with the disabilities for the rest of our lives.
Thank You
Not sure if I'm posting this in the appropriate form if not I apologize in advance
Regards CFergie

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 2 months ago #227208 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA blunder people owed thousands
Cfergie

Your post is fine but I am not sure what decision you are referring to in it.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Cfergie

More
4 years 11 months ago #231250 by Cfergie
Replied by Cfergie on topic ESA blunder people owed thousands
My post was how I thought the decision to pay the backdated payment was paid based on me being in the work related category of esa when I was called up for this review I was placed in the support group where I should always have been ..
So the fact that I was paid my bank payment from 2011 based on the work related group I think was another wrong decision I should have had my money based on being in the support group as my circumstances have never changed only worsened..
Feel this decision was totally wrong & the DWP decided this was the way the back payments from 2011 would be paid as it worked out a huge amount of money less than they should have paid if they paid the people owed money in the appropriate category of ESA THEY WERE IN,IM IN SUPPORT GROUP THEY PAID MY BACK PAYMENT FROM 2011 AT THE WORK RELATED ALLOWANCE A MUCH LESSER AMOUNT .
Hope that makes more sense Gordon
Thank you
Regards
Carol

More
4 years 11 months ago #231301 by Gordon
Cfergie

If you were in the WRAG then any back payment will be based on that group.

If you are disputing your being in the WRAG and not the Support Group then this is a separate matter but you cannot now challenge a Decision from 2011.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
4 years 11 months ago #231557 by Cfergie
Replied by Cfergie on topic ESA blunder people owed thousands
Thank You dot your time Gordon.
I really don’t know what group I was in as this was a pending appeal that was never heard so was pending from 2011.
When I contacted the DWP regarding my back payment & how my award was decided they told me that was just how the back payments were decided to be paid back so therefore everyone who was owed this back payment would be paid as the amount paid in the WRAG.
I asked who made this decision they couldn’t tell me said that’s just the way it would be paid to everyone who was entitled to this.
I just really wanted to air my views as I thought to make that decision who ever made it done so inappropriately & probably so many people would have surprisingly been entitled to more after all it was the fault of the DWP not the claimants.
However suppose no one would ever really get to the bottom of why or who decided everyone owed by this blunder would all be paid what was there entitlement irregardless of what group they were they were in. Only posted this as I felt it was unfair on the folk who were in the support group at the time of this blunder. My disability is crippling auto immune disease which will never get better that was a known fact from 2011 my appeal was never heard I was reviewed as everyone was & then it was decided Yes I’m the support group. Just felt there decision again for everyone affected by this blunder got the short end of the stick.
Not just myself I speak for the thousands of folk who had to endure this..
Thank you so much again Gordon for you time much appreciated my friend ..
have a nice day
Regards
Carol

More
4 years 11 months ago #231558 by Gordon
Cfergie

I'm sorry but either you were given incorrect information or you have misunderstood, the back payments are not calculated based on the claimant being the WRAG , they worked out based on the group that they were actually in during the period being looked at.

Gordon

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.