× Members

How Long Are Pip Decisions Taking

More
5 years 2 months ago #227400 by WigglyWooWoo
How Long Are Pip Decisions Taking was created by WigglyWooWoo
This is the first time that I have applied for PIP and it feels like this process has been going on forever. Is it one place that processes these applications so there are no regional differences?

I had the standard DWP text to say that the report had been received from Capita and to allow six weeks for a decision. They still have another week but I'm wondering if this is how long decisions are actually taking?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 2 months ago #227433 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic How Long Are Pip Decisions Taking
WigglyWooWoo

No, there are offices all over the UK but a lot of DWP Decision Makers have been moved to teams reviewing previous claims due to the DWP losing a number of court cases.

The current wait time appears to be about 10 weeks, you can try ringing them a week or two before this as it can take over a week between the Decision being made and your receiving written notice of it.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: WigglyWooWoo

More
5 years 1 month ago #227533 by WigglyWooWoo
Replied by WigglyWooWoo on topic How Long Are Pip Decisions Taking
So there are lots of different teams but no regional differences in processing?

More
5 years 1 month ago #227545 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic How Long Are Pip Decisions Taking

WigglyWooWoo wrote: So there are lots of different teams but no regional differences in processing?

We don't have regional information, only what is reported on the forum, there will be some regional variation but the DWP will move claimant files from one office to another to balance the load if necessary.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: WigglyWooWoo

More
5 years 1 month ago #227772 by WigglyWooWoo
Replied by WigglyWooWoo on topic How Long Are Pip Decisions Taking
I called them as the 6 weeks are up and was advised that there had been a request processed for further information. Probably in response to my letter after getting the assessors report which made no mention of my mental health issues. I have quite high-level intervention and medication for this. The lady I spoke with advised that although they have received the response back that this will have delayed my decision by a couple of weeks. So stretching nearer to the 10 weeks you have mentioned.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.