× Members

TELEPHONE CALL FOLLOWING SUBMISSION OF PIP REVIEW

More
5 years 1 month ago #227519 by annie
My Dad's PIP Award Review was sent in December and we haven't heard anything since. My Dad sadly has a multitude of severely debilitating and life limiting medical conditions. He is in severe pain, frequently asleep in the day and suffers from depression (made significantly worse after the diagnosis of Idiopathic Pulmonary Fibrosis and it's associated bleak prognosis last year). Supporting additional 'new' medical information from Respiratory Medicine, Cardiology and updated 3 page letter from the GP (who listed all medical problems and the impact they have on day to day activities etc). The GP also stated that if a face to face assessment is needed then this would have to be done in the home (he had an assessment at home last time).

Just now my mum received a call (not sure who it was) in relation to the PIP Award Review and they asked to speak to my Dad. Mum explained that my Dad was sleeping. They told my mum to wake him up. Mum said she wouldn't do that and they said they would call again tomorrow.

We've never received a phone call before. With not hearing anything until now this is a bolt out of the blue. Under what circumstances do they call? Is this standard practice to be told that the person needs to be woken up? What happens tomorrow?

This is so distressing for my Dad which is why as a family we've done everything possible to help him with this. My mum is in poor health herself and both are approximately 70 years old. I want to help them and don't know what to do for the best?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 1 month ago #227521 by Gordon
Annie

Does anyone act (legally) on behalf of your father? If not then that may be why they said to wake him as they would not be able to speak to anyone else.

It is possible that it was an assessor, I would expect his file to be with the Assessment Provider for his postcode and it is possible that they are trying to gather additional information, perhaps with the intention of doing a Paper Based Review.

You/your mother can try contacting the AP to see if they can shed any light on the call.

www.gov.uk/government/publications/pip-postcode-map-uk

Capita
www.capita-pip.co.uk/contact-us.aspx

IAS (formerly ATOS)
www.mypipassessment.co.uk/contact-us/

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: annie

More
5 years 1 month ago #227527 by annie
Hello Gordon,

Thank you so much for your reply.

In answer to your question no-one acts legally on behalf of my father. We all just muddle through doing the best we can collectively.

My Dad struggles to communicate with others (all listed in the PIP Review form) so struggles to have chats with us (immediate family). Talking to strangers would be a massive struggle even on his very rare better days. He really hates talking to people.

Would you suggest either my mum, sister or I call tomorrow and find out more? What should we say? If we explain the above will they listen?

What kind of information would they want over the phone?

More
5 years 1 month ago #227540 by Gordon
Annie

Definitely phone them, they may phone again when it is not convenient and they will only phone two or three times, it could make the difference between a PBR and a face to face.

I can't tell you what they will ask, there is no standard set of questions at this stage of the process.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: annie

More
5 years 1 month ago #227559 by annie
Thank you Gordon.

What's a PBR?

More
5 years 1 month ago #227560 by annie
I realise now that PBR=Paper Based Review!

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.