× Members

Un announced PIP visit

More
5 years 1 month ago #227643 by Roni
Un announced PIP visit was created by Roni
MY Daughter was awarded PIP and was also given a backdated payment for ESA - I think going back to 2014. she had been on ESA since 2011. A representative from the DWP appeared at her door in December with no prior warning. The lady asked to see my daughter's bank statements and checked her medication. My daughter understood she would be back in touch regarding a further back payment by the end of January. She has heard nothing since, but didn't get a business card or contact details. Can I ask is it it normal practice to visit without prior warning, and are there further back dated payments prior to 2014 being awarded?
Thank you

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 1 month ago #227652 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Un announced PIP visit
Ronijo

The initial review was from 2014 but then the DWP were told to go back to 2011.

DWP staff can turn up unannounced but the claimant does have the right to refuse entry and to tell them to make an appointment, unfortunately, most claimants would be intimidated by the situation.

Has your daughter contacted the DWP office dealing with her claim?

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
5 years 1 month ago #227842 by Roni
Replied by Roni on topic Un announced PIP visit
No my daughter has not been in touch with DWP. Is it worth chasing them for further backdated payment to 2011? Or will it be automatic?
Regards

RoniJo

More
5 years 1 month ago #227855 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Un announced PIP visit

Ronijo wrote: No my daughter has not been in touch with DWP. Is it worth chasing them for further backdated payment to 2011? Or will it be automatic?
Regards

RoniJo

It should be automatic, chasing may not help as it is a special group within the DWP that are carrying out the review and the call centre staff appear to have no direct access to them and may not be able to provide you with any information.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Roni

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.