× Members

Small Pension.

More
4 years 11 months ago #229859 by SusanH
Replied by SusanH on topic Small Pension.
Gordon.

Thank you again. I appreciate what you do and am saddened to see that there are only 2 of you moderating now. I won't add to your burden by 'rabbiting' on. :-)

I did call back. I asked specifically, I don't know the why but the 1995 pension 'group' I am in just do it that way. Either I start taking it now (after my 60th birthday) or I can postpone till 66 and claim but they will back date the payments to this Summer.

Either way - it seems to me - I will be in receipt of an income and I don't want to commit a fraud knowingly or inadvertently.

The person on the pension advise line did not know about disability benefits and advised me to contact Citizen's Advise. I've sent an email (where I live we are able to access advise via email) so I hope I can find out soon.

Trust me to present a quandary.

Thank you again. Susan.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 11 months ago #229876 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Small Pension.
Susan

Please get Financial Advice as well, what you are being told by your pension company makes no sense.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
4 years 11 months ago #230474 by Chrissiefeeny
Replied by Chrissiefeeny on topic Small Pension.
Hi Susan.
It could be that your NHS pension, given by DWP,therefore government, could be the same as you state pension. This you can defer and will be backdated and paid out when you decide to claim it.
If this is indeed the case, you would be better to wait till 66 and claim it then. That way it won't interfere with your ESA at all.
I could be wrong,so rather take advice but that's how it comes across.

More
4 years 11 months ago #230526 by keeptrying
Replied by keeptrying on topic Small Pension.
hi Susan
I am interested in your situation as I have a pension that is also payable at 60 (not there yet) and I am allowed to defer payment to whenever I wish, but I am wondering if deferring it will mean be penalised by dwp
I cannot find any information online about this - apart from in regard to defined contribution pensions (mine is not that - it is final salary)
and I do not know who to ask since my local CAB never seem to know anything

I would be very interested if you can find out any more on this

More
4 years 11 months ago #230539 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Small Pension.
walker

You do not have to action a pension until you reach Pension Credit Age which is now the same as State Retirement Age.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: keeptrying

More
4 years 11 months ago #230567 by keeptrying
Replied by keeptrying on topic Small Pension.
thank you Gordon
do you know where that information is - in terms of legislation? so I can give the official line to the person helping me with my finances

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.