× Members

Worried about my PIP payment

More
5 years 1 month ago #227701 by hippyhappy
Worried about my PIP payment was created by hippyhappy
Hi, I was on here a few days ago. The DWP called my house and left a message to call. My husband called them on Monday morning. They said they needed dates that I was in hospital following an overdose in 2017. We didn't know the dates offhand so they said they would have to write to the hospital and my husband gave them the name if the hospital.
My husband asked why they were asking (I was awarded PIP in 2018 until 2021 AFTER the application that had this on) They said they needed dates for their system because I had said on my form about the hospital stay.

Nothing was said about stopping my payment, nothing was said about an investigation or anything like that...only that they needed dates for the system

I am now worried that because I couldn't provide them with the exact date that I will not be paid PIP next week. Although they awarded me this without knowing the dates.

I have the date somewhere in a folder. I could phone them back but it truly makes me feel ill. My husband will be unable to for a few days.

Am I worrying needlessly or not? I did get paid ESA yesterday.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 1 month ago #227716 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Worried about my PIP payment
hippyhappy

How long were you in hospital for? If it was less than 28 days then it will have no effect on your PIP.

Even if it was longer, the day you are admitted and leave do not count towards the 28 days, the overpayment should not mean that your PIP payments are suspended.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
5 years 1 month ago #227717 by hippyhappy
Replied by hippyhappy on topic Worried about my PIP payment
Hi Gordon,
I was only in overnight. I have no idea why they are asking. It kind of came out of the blue. Unless they are checking in case they had overpaid me....which obviously they haven't.

More
5 years 1 month ago #227724 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Worried about my PIP payment

hippyhappy wrote: Hi Gordon,
I was only in overnight. I have no idea why they are asking. It kind of came out of the blue. Unless they are checking in case they had overpaid me....which obviously they haven't.

Yes, they are checking if there was an overpayment.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: hippyhappy

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.