× Members

Called for F2F 2 years after ESA50 sent in....

More
5 years 1 month ago #227731 by rog747
OK this beggars belief - can anyone please say is this DWP practice allowed?

Claimant has been on ICB and IS with DLA from 1993 then migrated to income & contribution based ESA in Support group in 2012 to date.
He has had 2 or 3 paper reviews for ESA since 2012 - last form sent back 2017- No F2F assessment ever except for recent PIP home visit. Correct PIP awarded all OK.

ESA Payments are being made all OK with maximum benefits paid (with correct PIP premiums) and he has received latest April 2019 annual ESA benefit breakdown paperwork.

Just received a letter (from Maximus it seems) to attend at F2F assessment centre in 3 weeks time.
Called them up - asked what is this F2F for? as just had home visit for PIP.
They said this relates to the ESA50 form sent back in 2017!

They agreed this seems wrong - Have asked for this to be looked at in view of the time frame and that claimants medical situation has changed (worsened) since 2017 form sent in.

any advice please?

His GP is requesting a home visit plus adding a latest medical evidence letter of support
thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 1 month ago #227741 by Gordon
Rog

Should they do this, no! Can they do this, yes!

I'm afraid a PIP assessment and report cannot substitute for an ESA one.

They can complete a new ESA50 although they will not be given extra time to do this or they can write a letter explaining how their conditions have changed, I would use the same format as the ESA50

www.gov.uk/government/publications/capab...r-work-questionnaire

They should take the form/letter to the assessment and ask the assessor to read it before they start the interview and to include it in their file for return to the DWP, I would also send a copy to the DWP office dealing with the claim.

If they have it then they can use the report from their recent PIP assessment as evidence but they will need to show the relevance to the ESA Descriptors.

Lastly, I would make a formal complaint to Maximus about their arranging an assessment on the basis of an ESA50 that is more than a year old.

Complaining to the ESA Assessment Provider

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: rog747

More
5 years 1 month ago #227755 by Waylay
Happened to me.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.