× Members

PIP assessment 20 miles away/Equality Act.

More
5 years 1 month ago #227739 by Ted Pea
They've made me an appointment in Warrington, despite having several centres here in Manchester.
I can only change this appointment once, and I'm absolutely shocked that they've done this.
Isn't this discrimination under the Equality Act 2010 to send a disabled person 20 miles away?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 1 month ago #227744 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP assessment 20 miles away/Equality Act.
Ted

The Assessment Providers have been told that they can make appointments up to 90 minutes travel by Public Transport. You can certainly refer them to the Equality Act when moving the appointment but it is still going to cost you one of your two opportunities to attend.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
5 years 1 month ago #227746 by Ted Pea
Replied by Ted Pea on topic PIP assessment 20 miles away/Equality Act.
It's absolutely grotesque.
It's at ten in the morning, too, so even more difficult to get to.
It means that if I have any problems attending the next appointment, then I've had it.

More
5 years 1 month ago #227748 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP assessment 20 miles away/Equality Act.
Ted

Have you checked that the journey is under 90 minutes at that time of day, the Google Journey Planner allows you to set an arrival time?

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
5 years 1 month ago #227751 by Ted Pea
Replied by Ted Pea on topic PIP assessment 20 miles away/Equality Act.
Gordon, I'm extremely anxious about this.
If you can't think of anything useful to say, would you mind not responding , please?

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.