× Members

Ignored dates I can't attend medical esa

More
5 years 1 month ago #227740 by whisper
Filled in esa50 form last month, I've been in support group since 2012.

I cannot get to medical on my own due to severe mental illness. We have no support network and two children so I wrote in when I can't attend (their holidays and school pick up drop off).

They sent appointment for the first day of their holidays. Weren't helpful when my partner rang and explained they'd given a date we couldn't do and why. Asked for dates I couldn't attend again (it's all on the form) then said they'd put appointment in post. Wouldn't give an appointment over the phone. Worried sick it will clash with my partners school run next time as they've taken no notice of when we wrote we couldn't attend. He would have to take the children with us if that happened as I gather I can't cancel a second time.

Can't go alone - don't even leave the house or answer door. I have complex grief, anxiety, depression and dissociation.

Really don't know what to do from here. Can anyone help, I'm getting myself into a bit of a mess worrying now.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 1 month ago #227745 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Ignored dates I can't attend medical esa
whisper

If the date of the first appointment was for one of the dates that you had notified them in writing that you would not be available for then it should not count against your two opportunities to attend.

Did you include details of the school runs on the form or when you phoned?

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: whisper

More
5 years 1 month ago #227747 by whisper
Replied by whisper on topic Ignored dates I can't attend medical esa
Hello Gordon yes I did. My partner saved the digital form and we checked it again today to make sure we'd been as clear as possible. We told them exactly why I couldn't attend on dates and times.

They did this last time too, gave an appointment at 2pm, several miles away, when the children needed collecting an hour and a half later. Then when we got there they told us there was a 2 hour wait. I can't even sit in my GPs waiting room so that was the going to happen... Anyway the mp got involved and they suddenly had everything they needed to decide without a medical. Amazing.

It's almost as if they set out to.punish us when they do things like this.

More
5 years 1 month ago #227749 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Ignored dates I can't attend medical esa
whisper

I think there is a hole in their process so they don't check the dates before booking the appointment, either that or their system can only hold a certain number of dates.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.