× Members

ESA n pip

More
5 years 1 month ago #227771 by Sharon b
ESA n pip was created by Sharon b
Hubby has been in wrag for last 8 years, with just a phone call every few months so have been expecting a review at some point. So filled out the form and about ten days later received a letter saying assessed and in wrag so no change, however hubby is also on enhanced pip for both care n mobility, 3rd time awarded but time limited, til Feb 20 but obviously expected the review paperwork last month, my query is we have just received an update from pip stating he's been moved to ongoing award now, great news but wondering why .
Also last time we spoke to staff about ESA they thought hubby should be in support group but said wait until review. So not sure whether to query or leave things be as don't want to rock the boat having escaped without having to stress hubby with f2f again.
Are they now sharing form data between ESA n pip or is this a coincidence.
I do send them lots of info going back many years to prove condition s are long term lol

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 1 month ago #227792 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA n pip
Sharon

Congratulations to your hubby on the revised award. The DWP have been severely chastised for short term awards for claimants with no realistic prospect of their conditions improving (sorry!) and are going through existing Enhanced awards to see whether a longer On-Going award would be appropriate, I think yours is the first we've seen on the forum.

I would be cautious of what the JC+ people have said about your husband being the SG, in my experience, they have little understanding of the criteria required for this award of ESA.

That said, have a look at our ESA Claim guides to see whether he would reasonably meet one or more the SG Descriptors and if he does consider reporting a Change of Circumstances but understand that this will result in a new ESA50 and almost certainly a face to face assessment.

Gordon

Tags: @RESULT @PIP @REVIEW

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Brightskies2009

More
5 years 1 month ago #227845 by Sharon b
Replied by Sharon b on topic ESA n pip
Thank you. Hubby 'should' qualify for support group however think we'll leave things be as long as they continue with light touch. It's just too stressful. At the moment he gets a phone call two or three times a year, just to check on his treatment and if anything has changed.
Waiting on a possible meeting so will see how things go.
So relieved not to have to stress about pip every year and glad that it's a review they did that we were unaware of.hopefully they will do more of these and stop the stress they cause unnecessarily.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.