× Members

Is it Legal? PIP

More
5 years 1 month ago #227786 by apples6
Is it Legal? PIP was created by apples6
Reference PIP

Is a claimant "obliged" to let DWP : regardless , if they call unannounced in to one's own residence ?
Is it legal?
Or if case again as above happened : can one say I would like an arranged appointment at their DWP's office if talking about PIP DLA?
Thanks 14 3 2019.

Apples 6 Not very techy to see when rep;ies come up thank you
Obviously I appreciate if 1 has requested a "dome visit" and they arrive at the said date arranged then it is different as one has agreed

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 1 month ago #227805 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Is it Legal? PIP
Apple

The DWP do have some rights of entry but I would not expect any of them to apply to a claimant receiving Social Security benefits under normal circumstances, they are outlined in the following

assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/governm...ers-entry-review.pdf

If the DWP did turn up unannounced then you can refuse entry and ask them to make mutually agreeable appointment to see you.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.