× Members

PIP refused

More
5 years 1 month ago #227788 by battyboo
PIP refused was created by battyboo
Hi , I've received notice today refusing to reconsider in my favour.

I've posted previously but couldn't find it.
Despite having a very supportive GP supporting letter, plus phyciatrist letter outlining the descriptor s in detail I suffer from .

Just some examples of MR notice states by Capita.

"Venaflaxine is a mild anti depressant.

I drive my son to his disability centre on my own so it shows good concentration, ability, co ordination. My son is with me always ?!!

Is a carer shows motivation
(My local council carer assessor support worker wrote also a detailed letter stating I have minimal caring due to my health issues and have support workers and cleaning etc as a direct payment .

I show no anxiety input from professionals.(lies)

Intially nervous......but alone and could cope and answer questions(lies)son was upstairs.

Seen handling post ."(lies)

(I was sobbing uncontrollably for a long time) .I couldn't think straight to answer questions at the assessment at home it was awful. .

All other descriptors refused also despite providing information.
I could photo and post the award letter ? Omitting names .
If I've provided supporting evidence and still refusesd
Thanks .

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 1 month ago #227806 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP refused
Lisa

You have two options going further

- you can make a new claim for PIP, there is no waiting time, or
- you can appeal the current Decision

You can do both but you would need to understand the implications of doing so.

In either case, you need to address the issues that meant that your current claim has failed.

Whilst an inaccurate report is almost certain to have played a part you also need to consider whether you have properly explained your problems in your claim form, is it possible that you have misunderstood the Descriptors, described your problems in terms that do not match the Descriptors or failed to make appropriate use of the reliability criteria or the need for your limitations on the majority of days to be considered?

The PIP Appeal guide has links to the SSCS1 form that you will need to complete and the Submissions guide has a complete example that you can use to help you fill it in, you do not need to provide detailed reasons at this stage for your request.

Once your appeal is accepted the DWP will prepare their submission to the hearing and send you a copy, whilst you should wait until you receive this to finish and submit your own, you should start to prepare your own case, an increased award will only be made by your showing that you score the extra points for one, so I would start by going back through your PIP2, the assessment report and the PIP Claim guide to see how you might show this is the case.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Brightskies2009, battyboo

More
5 years 1 month ago #227826 by battyboo
Replied by battyboo on topic PIP refused
Gordon
A well being adviser from the local council filled out my forms .I was dubious to let her fill them out but she seemed confidant.
My phyciatrist and GP explained my difficulties in line with the descriptor s so if they have ignored their opinion, what hope do I have?
I saw on a previous post you had people try and fit there illnesses to the descriptor so I'm a bit confused.thanks could you explain further.

More
5 years 1 month ago #227839 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP refused

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.