× Members

ESA result or not ?

More
5 years 1 month ago #227849 by CLINTIAN
ESA result or not ? was created by CLINTIAN
Hi Gordon and hope you are fine,
My husband sent his ESA re assessment back approx 3-4 weeks ago, he has received a letter and not sure if it’s a result or annual letter as it doesn’t say directly about the re assessment, my husband was in the support group already it does say on it:-
“Your claim for ESA changes in social security benefits, from April rates may change etc. Etc.
WHAT TO DO IF YOU THINK THIS DECISION IS WRONG
Please get in touch within one month etc. etc.
You can appeal and look again. We call this a Mandatory Reconsideration.”
Then it lists his ESA entitlement and does say support group in this
Questions:-
1. Should I ring the number on the letter and ask if this is a result,
2. What do I need to ask them as regards finding out the length of time for award,
3. it would be good to know how they came to this decision, what I should ask from them to send out to my husband as regards result.
Thank you once again.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Brightskies2009

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 1 month ago #227861 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA result or not ?
Bodge

From your post, this is the annual ESA Entitlement Letter and has nothing to do with your husband's reassessment.

There are long delays in the ESA assessment process, some members have waited nine months or more to hear whether an assessment was required or not.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Brightskies2009, CLINTIAN

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.