× Members

Pip report

More
5 years 1 month ago #228194 by Dyvilla
Pip report was created by Dyvilla
Good evening ,
Could I please have some advise. I received my decision of basic care, no mobility. My report from the assessor was full of fabrication , its actually my mobility that is worse than my care needs. Apparently I was well dressed ,made good eye contact etc when I'm fact I had Pjs on and I cried through the whose thing!
My main question on the mobility side is that she said I could walk from the settee to the kitchen which she estimates to be 60 meters! I live in a small house and have measured the area in question and it's actually 7 meters , so quite a difference ! So she has then said I can walk up to 200 meters ! I have no feeling in one leg which causes me to fall and also have arthritis in knees and ankles.
Am i able to call and spk with the case manager and hope common sense tells him that the average house from lounge to kitchen is no where near60 meters , or do I have to just request an MR.
Many thanks in advance

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 1 month ago #228205 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Pip report
Dyvilla

If the assessor's argument for your walking 200m is based on the distance between your settee and the kitchen then you should definitely attack the assessor's opinions on this by explaining the actual distance, I would also invite the Decision Maker to look at the distance in their own house to see how rediculous the suggestion is that it is 60m.

Apparently, 60m is longer than Nelson's column is tall.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
5 years 1 month ago #228213 by Dyvilla
Replied by Dyvilla on topic Pip report
Thank you for the reply Gordon,
Apparently she witnessed me bend crouch and jump as well! Lots and lots of lies but I tnink.the distance is my best argument i also have a blue badge as well would that be taken into account?
Do you know if I'm able to talk to the desicion maker or do I have to go straight down the Mr route?

More
5 years 1 month ago #228214 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Pip report
Dyvilla

If a Decision has been made then I'm afraid the only way forward is via an MR.

The Blue Badge may help but the criteria is different from PIP so make sure you understand the basis of the BB award and whether it conflicts with the distances that you have said you are limited to on your form before you use it with the MR.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dyvilla

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.