× Members

Awarded less points this time.Why?

More
5 years 1 month ago #228275 by sosage
Awarded less points this time.Why? was created by sosage
Hello,i am writing on behalf of my partner and i am trying to keep this as anonymous/vague as possible but still recieve help.I hope thats ok.
My partner,who lives alone and has been seriously ill for over 15 years,has just received the results of the PIP examination,and is quite distressed because they have scored them 11 points on the daily needs score,when they had many more points on the last test a few years ago.
Their condition has not improved in any way,in fact it has deteriorated,and will continue to do so,unless there is a miracle or medical breakthrough.
The part of the report we are disputing is the daily living/managing your treatments score.
They awarded only 1 point.
My partner needs an appliance to manage thier medication.
They need supervision/help to manage their medication.
They need almost constant supervision,from me and their family,to monitor their health condition.
My partner is scared to appeal or rock the boat,in case they change their minds and award zero points,which i totally understand and i bet that affects a lot of peoples decisions not to appeal.
We thought all of the proof from doctors and consultants would be enough to prove my partner is not lying but evidently it is not.
So do they ask for a mandatory reconsideration or do they leave things as they are and be thankful they at least get some money?
I have read the awful stories about legitimately ill people receiving nothing.
Thank you in advance.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 1 month ago #228282 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Awarded less points this time.Why?
sosage

Welcome to the forum, you might want to have a look at the following FAQ which explains where everything is

Welcome to Benefits and Work

In March 2017 the DWP amended the definition of Managing Therapy so that it no longer included medication, as a result, a claimant can now only score one point for issues with managing their medication.

You do mention a need to monitor their health condition but you do not explain what this consists of and how it is different from monitoring their medication.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: sosage

More
5 years 1 month ago #228293 by sosage
Replied by sosage on topic Awarded less points this time.Why?
Hello Gordon,thank you for letting us know.
My partner has severe hypo unawareness that comes on rapidly and has lead to quite severe head injurys and is scared to be on their own because of this.
The following user(s) said Thank You: TheMerlin486

More
5 years 1 month ago #228313 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Awarded less points this time.Why?
sosage

I've had a look at the Case Law and anything that might have helped in regard to the Managing Therapy activity was overturned by the definition being revised.

One thing that you could look at if you have not already done so is whether your partner needs supervision while carrying out some of the other PIP activities, there have been significant revisions to the definition of "safely" since he was last assessed which might be of help.

There is a section on this in the current PIP Claim guide.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: TheMerlin486

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.