× Members

Is Severe Disability Premium backdated?

More
5 years 1 month ago #228276 by Garland
Hi Gordon,

Two weeks ago I was notified of my PIP award and received a backdated sum of money because the whole process took 18 months.

I have just completed the IS10 form to apply for the Severe Disability Premium. If I am entitled to this, do you know if this benefit would also be backdated by the DWP?

Many thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 1 month ago #228284 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Is Severe Disability Premium backdated?
Garland

Yes, the SDP should be backdated to when you became eligible for it which will be either when your PIP award applies from or when you made a claim for the benefit (ESA, Income Support, etc.) which the SDP is being added to, whichever is the later.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.