× Members

PIP Decision

More
5 years 1 month ago #228278 by midnightvelvet
PIP Decision was created by midnightvelvet
Hi, I have been a paid up member of B&W for some years now but have never used the forum so I hope I don't break any rules or whatever. I have recently been sent a "How your condition affects you now" update which I sent back in January. It arrived on 23rd Jan. I have been waiting for a decision and was expecting it quite quickly as I have been in receipt of DLA/PIP since about 2005 or thereabouts. I was given a lifetime award back then but with the move to PIP, I was reassessed and still kept the same level of benefit which was full mobility and stadard care but only for three years. This is my next assessment after that 3yrs and I have been waiting for over 8 weeks for a decision. Yesterday I got a text saying they might need me to see a health professional before making a decision and if they did, they would contact me again

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 1 month ago #228283 by midnightvelvet
Replied by midnightvelvet on topic I pressed send before I finished my post and now I
I wanted to add that why are they sending me a text message to say they MIGHT want me to see a health professional and will get in touch if they do? I can't understand why they say MIGHT...surely they either do or they don't. It's exacerbating my stress and anxiety really badly. I just don't understand why they would send out a TEXT and not a letter and with the time limit for their decision now over, how can they keep everything undecided? Would appreciate any advice or explanations - if there is any. Many thanks for reading

More
5 years 1 month ago #228285 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP Decision
Suzanne

We've delays starting to creep into all stages of the PIP process, the text you received is sent when the DWP send your file to the Assessment Provider for your postcode. The next decision is whether you need a face to face assessment or not.

You can contact AP for an update

Capita
www.capita-pip.co.uk/contact-us.aspx

IAS (formerly ATOS)
www.mypipassessment.co.uk/contact-us/

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
5 years 1 month ago #228286 by Gordon

Suzanne wrote: I wanted to add that why are they sending me a text message to say they MIGHT want me to see a health professional and will get in touch if they do? I can't understand why they say MIGHT...surely they either do or they don't. It's exacerbating my stress and anxiety really badly. I just don't understand why they would send out a TEXT and not a letter and with the time limit for their decision now over, how can they keep everything undecided? Would appreciate any advice or explanations - if there is any. Many thanks for reading

The decision to do a face to face assessment is made by the Assessment Provider, not the DWP. The text is sent by the DWP.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.