× Members

Blue Badge DLA/PIP

More
5 years 1 month ago #228605 by digitalrace
Blue Badge DLA/PIP was created by digitalrace
Hello
Recently Transferred from DLA to PIP with 10 points for Moving Around. Do I have to inform Blue Badge people of my new benefit and award or do I wait till Blue Badge expires in 2020?
kind regards

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 1 month ago #228627 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Blue Badge DLA/PIP
commited

Congratulations on the award.

Your PIP award does not remove your automatic entitlement to a Blue Bade so you can wait until it is renewed.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: digitalrace

More
5 years 1 month ago #228659 by phrank
Replied by phrank on topic Blue Badge DLA/PIP
On the same subject, that's my latest headache - renewing mine. I know they announced they are going to include some hidden disabilies as an automatic renewal application, but am unsure about if it's been impemented yet.

I have read that this came into force on the 14th of February, but has anyone got any ideas? It said 'in 2019' but can't find out anything concrete.

Regards,

Phrank.

More
5 years 1 month ago #228661 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Blue Badge DLA/PIP
phrank

I've found lots of articles talking about the changes that will be made in 2019 but none that indicate that those changes have actually been made and that includes Gov.uk and the Department for Transport pages.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
5 years 1 month ago #228663 by phrank
Replied by phrank on topic Blue Badge DLA/PIP
Thanks Gordon,

That's about all I've found out. One thing, though: my local council phoned me today and told me I would be entitled to a badge as I scored 12 points on the 'planning and following a journey' criteria and told me to send a copy of the award.

I didn't send if with the package when I reapplied initially as I thought I would have to try and get it renewed on merit.

Obviously I will now send a copy of the award notice now but can't understand why I was told this - that invisible disabilities counted as I can't seem to find any confirmation info online.

One thing I did read was that some councils do recognise these. So it's either my council do, the new rules have been implemented, or: the lady I spoke to got it wrong on the phone.

Time will tell.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gordon

More
5 years 1 month ago #228706 by Billis
Replied by Billis on topic Blue Badge DLA/PIP
May I ask which council area are you in? I've been writing to my local council and the department for transport with regards to the blue badge scheme and hidden disabilities as I also have 12 points planning and following a journey. Council replied: Unfortunately I do not qualify as I need 8 points or more under 'Moving around' (which is a physical question regarding ability to walk distances) - They are waiting for guidance from DFT re hidden disabilities. DFT replied that they plan to lay the new regulations in parliament in April 2019 but cannot say when they will come into force. However, they did add "In the interim, people with hidden disabilities are not excluded under the current rules and it is for relevant local authority to assess whether they meet the existing criteria"

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.