× Members

Fibromyalgia and peripheral neuropathy and pip

More
5 years 1 month ago #229064 by Jason
I am about to claim pip but the mobility component doesn't seem to apply anymore even though I have a mobility car at the moment under dla. I also receive middle rate care on dla but when I did the pip test i barely made any points. Where am I going wrong? Help please

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 1 month ago #229084 by Gordon
Jason

The first thing I would say is to stop thinking about your DLA, PIP has very different criteria, where DLA refers to a need for care, PIP has specific criteria, where DLA referred to bodily functions PIP considers your ability to complete 12 specific activities.

Have you looked at our PIP Claim guide?

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/help-for-claimants/pip

Mobility is one of the areas where the two benefits are quite close but there are still differences in the criteria, so you could meet the DLA criteria by being virtually unable to walk, PIP looks at the actual distance you can walk and the test is stricter for the higher award, under DLA it was accepted as being 50m for PIP it is 20m.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris