× Members

ESA3 (IBRD) review form

More
5 years 2 weeks ago #229354 by Kosak
ESA3 (IBRD) review form was created by Kosak
Hello,
A few days ago, I received a letter from DWP with an enclosed ESA3 (IBRD) form. They want to look at again my contribution-based ESA claim from Nov 2012 – Nov 2013, which replaced the Incapacity Benefit I was getting.
They say I might be also eligible for income-related ESA for this period and, if I am, I may be eligible to extra payments (premiums).
Currently, I am on ESA (CB) high rate and PIP due to chronic illness and do not wish to take part in any reviews unless I have to.
I phoned DWP to find out what this really is about to be told that they had lost a court case, so they have to offer this review to people they think might be eligible.
When pressing further, I was also told they identified a problem in my papers when I submitted a review form in 2012 “late”, so they suspended my claim for a short while. However, I proved with a post office signature receipt that I was not late, so they had to reinstate my claim. They changed it though to income-based instead of contribution-based that I managed to revert successfully.
I’ve been on ESA (CB) since with two face-to-face reviews in between and I know that all my paperwork and payments are in order.
The person I spoke to over the phone, although trying quite hard to persuade me to fill out and send the ESA3 from, also advised me (if I rather not take part in this current review) to write on the reply slip: “I do not wish to take part in this review. Please, deselect me. I will not be returning the ESA3 IBRD form.” I need to reply by 7th May.
She also said that nothing would happen to my current claim, if I did not return the form.
As you can imagine, I am very cautious not to do or miss anything that would put my claim into jeopardy, so I’m hoping you would be able to advise me.
I could not see anything in this forum addressing this problem, but sorry if you had somewhere and I’ve missed it.
Thank you very much in advance!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 2 weeks ago #229355 by Kosak
Replied by Kosak on topic ESA3 (IBRD) review form - correction
I'm afraid I added a wrong sentence in the topic/question I've just submitted: "They changed it though to income-based instead of contribution-based, which I managed to revert successfully." It should say: "They changed it though to an ESA work group instead of an ESA support group, which I managed to revert successfully." This is obviously a significant difference. Many thanks!

More
5 years 2 weeks ago #229388 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA3 (IBRD) review form
Bee

This is what it is all about.

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/forum?view=topic&catid=10&id=125222

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kosak

More
5 years 1 week ago #229398 by Kosak
Replied by Kosak on topic ESA3 (IBRD) review form
Thank you, Gordon, I will read it through!
Bee

More
5 years 1 week ago #229414 by Vivienne
Replied by Vivienne on topic ESA3 (IBRD) review form
Hello Bee

I also received a similar form before Christmas, and was dubious about sending it back.

In the end I did, and I received some backdated ESA money. You won't be called in for an
assessment. They will just send you a letter in the post with their decision.

Good Luck

Vivienne
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kosak

More
5 years 1 week ago #229435 by Kosak
Replied by Kosak on topic ESA3 (IBRD) review form
Hi Vivienne,
Many thanks for that! It is good to hear it is not some kind of way to cause us problems, but rather something positive for a change.
My research online today also showed that I should've been on an income-based ESA all these years, not on contribution-based. I may need to look into that further...
Best wishes, Bee

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.