× Members

Just Joined :)

More
5 years 1 month ago #229360 by PaulineC
Just Joined :) was created by PaulineC
Hi everybody - I've just joined today and will be reading the advice for PPI. Hubby has been on DLA for 7 years now and he's worried sick about us not being given the PPI. I'm also hoping we wont have too much trouble but its hard when you see what some have been through even though they are unable to work.

Hubby has got a long list of heath issues, as in Cardio Myopathy, AFib, fitted Defibulator, Diabetic, Sleep Apnoea (Both types), Throid and suffered a stroke 5 years ago which has left him with a weakened left hand side, pain in hips and legs and is on morphine daily, both tablet and liquid. He can no long drive due to not being able to handle anything coming towards him, even as a passenger he suffers so sometimes sits in the back seat. He has been diagnosed as suffering from depression and is now on anti-depressants.

We do not sleep in the same room because of his machine and he finds it better to sleep in his chair.

Balance is also an issue, oh dear, just going to say etc etc etc now! lol

Anyway, looking forward to getting to know people on here and will be reading like crazy.

Thanks for listening.

Pauline :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 1 month ago #229383 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Just Joined :)
Pauline

Welcome to the forum, you might want to have a look at the following FAQ which explains where everything is

Welcome to Benefits and Work

Our PIP Claim guide is on the following link

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/help-for-claimants/pip

If you have any questions about his claim then please reply to this post and I will do my best to help.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
5 years 1 month ago #229554 by PaulineC
Replied by PaulineC on topic Just Joined :)
Thank you Gordon. I have been reading where you suggested, big help, great :).. Am a bit surprised that 45 views on my post but nobody thought to add their comments or help..........aw well, that's us Brits I guess :)

More
5 years 1 month ago #229582 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Just Joined :)
Pauline

This isn't a forum where members tend to comment or reply to other's posts, there is no reason why they can't but most questions require detailed knowledge of the benefits system.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: PaulineC

More
5 years 1 month ago #229622 by TheMerlin486
Replied by TheMerlin486 on topic Just Joined :)
Welcome to the forum.
The following user(s) said Thank You: PaulineC

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.