× Members

Transitional and legacy

More
5 years 2 weeks ago #229372 by Steven
Transitional and legacy was created by Steven
Hi as a disabled person that gets high pip both and support group, I know that UC has no disability premium. So if i had been put on that I would lose a lot pw.
I want to know what is the safety net to cover this for us that claim it? I hear about protection of it atm but how long for until this has been taken away?
I have just been put back into the esa support group this last month.

Any info would help as can’t find a clear answer to length, and how protected we are. Thank you

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 2 weeks ago #229404 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Transitional and legacy
Steven

There will be protection in the form of a Transitional Payment but the legislation enabling this is still pending because of Brexit so specific details are not available.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
5 years 2 weeks ago #229429 by Steven
Replied by Steven on topic Transitional and legacy
So does this mean the transitional payment would carry on for long term or is it most likely to be a year or 2.

More
5 years 2 weeks ago #229444 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Transitional and legacy

Steven wrote: So does this mean the transitional payment would carry on for long term or is it most likely to be a year or 2.

As I said the legislation is in draft and has not been debated in the House of Commons so there is no information to give at this time.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.